Monday, October 19, 2009

blue monday

Ugh, I hate Mondays. I wish I could have slept in today, but duty calls (doesn't it always?).


I finished the first Sookie Stackhouse novel, and I went out last night after work to buy the second book. I am really excited to start reading it tonight. I thought the book started out kind of slow, but once it got going, I couldn't put it down! And I already have the 3rd book, so I'll be all set to keep moving for a while (or a few days... haha).

I'm a little bit tempted to start watching True Blood, but I think maybe I'll finish all of the books before I start watching it. Movies/TV shows always seem to ruin books for me. I used to love Twilight, but now that it's like... everywhere.... I am SO sick of hearing about it. The books were good. Yeah, I get it. But seriously, people... they aren't THE best books that were ever written. Calm down. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now :P


I'm working on a little Halloween-ish type of playlist for you guys. I have most of the songs picked out already, but I am still making a few adjustments. So, be on the look out for that later on this week.



To my friends who crochet: Do you know of any easy to follow tutorials on how to crochet mittens?? I really want to learn how to do it, but it seems like all the tutorials I find are for knitting (which I totally cannot do!). Help!!

These are sooo cute :)
Made by Mandy (Miss Indie)






And I'm sure everyone and their mother have seen this picture from Glamour magazine. Can I just say that I love this? It is so refreshing to see some women who are my size in a magazine. I don't really obsess over my size as much as I used to, but I definitely feel self-conscious at times. I definitely admire these women for not being afraid to show the world that being curvy is most definitely okay, and even sexy.



I am so excited to be receiving two packages sometime in the very near future:


This extremely adorable fawn pouch from Alexz (Bird Trouble).

I don't know if I am going to use it for a pencil case yet... I'm thinking a make-up bag. I need one of those... But the lace and the fawns are so cute, I had to have this :)












These beautiful bowls from Jill's store (Lune Vintage). I am constantly looking out for charming little decorations and knicknacks for my future apartment. These were just too lovely to pass up!





I hope you all had a great weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Sookie :)
    I've read them all and I can't wait til May!! The HBO show is good to, bit different from the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read those books I have seen the first season of True Blood but like you I would rather read the books first.

    Love that glamour did that its refreshing to see real women!

    ReplyDelete