Friday, March 26, 2010
I received my happy spring goodies package from Deb last night and it made my whole weekend!!! :)
Reese's Pieces are my favorite candy!!
Thank you for putting so much happiness into this for me, Deb, it was so much fun to receive this! You are the best :)
DISCLAIMER: Unfortunately, some Peeps were harmed in the making of this post!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
I didn't do anything today, so there's not much to talk about... but I felt like updating with something. So, I borrowed this survey from Jen of Little Gold Lemons (check out her blog, it's really cute!)
♥ What are your middle names?
Lynne and Cade.
Cade's real name is actually Thomas!!! Bet you didn't know that :)
♥ How long have you been together?
Almost 5 years!
♥ How did you meet?
We met while playing an online game when we were in grade school.
♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
A few years.
♥ Who asked who out?
Cade asked me out :)
♥ How old are each of you?
I'm 20 and he's 19.
♥ Do you have any children together?
No, thank goodness!!
♥ What about pets?
We're getting one soon, maybe ;)
♥ Did you go to the same school?
♥ Are you from the same home town?
Nope, we lived half way across the country from each other!
♥ Who is the smartest?
I'm more smart in a reading/writing/crafty way, and Cade is smarter in a science/mathy/logical way.
♥ Who is the most sensitive?
♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
So far it's been Dairy Barn... we're high class, people!
♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
We drove to Boston once (from my home in Pennsylvania) to visit a college.
♥ Who has the worst temper?
Wow, it's pretty hard to say. We both have bad tempers.
♥ Who does the cooking?
I think it's usually pretty even. I would love to cook more often, but I am really sucky at it. Practice makes perfect I guess!
♥ Who is more social?
Me, I think... Cade is pretty shy.
♥ Who is the neat-freak?
No one. We have to force ourselves to clean up.
♥ Who is the more stubborn?
Me... wow, I am making myself sound bad!
♥ Who hogs the bed?
I guess that would have to be me, too. But Cade always throws the blankets off the bed in the middle of the night and leaves me there to die of frostbite.
♥ Who wakes up earlier?
I naturally wake up first if there isn't an alarm, but Cade gets up earlier than I do when he has class.
♥ Where was your first date?
Well, we didn't really have a first "date" so to speak. But our first kiss was on the couch in my parents house!
♥ Who has the bigger family?
Cade has 2 brothers and a sister, and I have one sister. I guess his is bigger.
♥ Favorite memories?
My favorite memories are the ones we are making right now.
♥ Do you get flowers often?
I got them for Valentine's day!
♥ How do you spend the holidays?
We haven't gotten to spend a holiday together yet!!
♥ Who is more jealous?
For sure, me.
♥ How long did it take to get serious?
Well, we didn't start "going out" until a few years after we met.
♥ Who eats more?
I think I eat more... but I eat more healthy food than he does... Mr. I-weigh-110-pounds.
♥ Who does/ did the laundry?
We just did it together. I ironed, he folded.
♥ Who’s better with the computer?
He is for sure. I am horrible at keeping them from blowing up.
♥ Who drives when you are together?
Whoever. It depends on whether we need to carry anything (groceries, etc) because he has a little mustang and I have an SUV, so I can actually fit stuff in my car. I prefer to drive because I think that I am far superior in skills, but I let him drive me around more here because I don't know where everything is yet.
♥ Who plays an instrument?
Neither of us, really. I can fake my way through a few songs on the piano.
♥ Do you share the same taste in music?
Not so much anymore, but we used to. My tastes have changed a lot.
♥ Who exercises more?
I used to. Now neither of us does. Ugh.
♥ Who eats better?
♥ Who's more romantic?
I think I am :) *HINT HINT*
♥ Who wears the pants in the relationship?
I think I wear them pretty often, but I lend them to him sometimes.
♥ Who snores loudest?
♥ Is there anything you both share/enjoy?
Our time together.
♥ Who takes more pictures?
Me. Cade never takes pictures!
♥ Who cries the most?
That would be me.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Lets see... what did I do all week besides work?
Tuesday was Cade's little sister Kari's 16th birthday, so Cade, Kari, their mom and I went out to dinner and then we went to see Alice in Wonderland. It was so cool! Especially since we went at almost 9pm on a weeknight, so we were the only people in the theater... I love when that happens! I thought the movie was really really beautiful, and I especially loved Alice's clothes (who didn't?). I was never a fan of Walt Disney's version, so I was surprised that I liked this one. I am kind of picky when it comes to cartoons and I much prefer live action movies, I suppose. I have never read the book, but I am sort of thinking that I would like to go get it now.
I tried the new cherry limeade chiller at Sonic and it was probably the most delicious thing I've ever tasted. I love cherry limeade from Sonic, I wish I could drink it every single day. I could, but I wouldn't want to spend the money every day.
On Friday night I made "chicken and dumplings" for dinner using this recipe that my mom gave me. It's chicken and dumplings for lazy people... just my kind of recipe. It is so delicious, and it is so easy to make, even I can do it. Here is how you do it:
- 3 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 c. onions, diced
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 and 3/4 c. water
- 3 12oz. tubes of refrigerated biscuits, quartered
- chicken broth as needed
This is supposed to serve 6. I think me and Cade almost ate all of it ourselves, though. Depends on if you family is fully of fatties like us!
I should have taken a picture of it, but I didn't :( Tell me if you try this!!!
Cade's spring break is next week, so we are going to enjoy some time hanging out together (he works and goes to school all the time, so we don't get to hang out much) and we are going to go fishing with his mom and sister. I like fishing, aside from the worms, and the fish. And I don't like eating fish. So it will be fun! =P
Oh yeah, and I also have some very very exciting news that I can't wait to share with you guys, but I am actually going to try to keep it a secret as long as I possibly can! You will have to wait until the end of April... unless I can't keep my mouth shut that long! :)
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
I don't really want to say anything to them because I don't want to create an awkward situation. Should I leave an anonymous note on their door or something? I really feel bad for whoever lives below them. I should be grateful!!!
So, any ideas? :)
Monday, March 15, 2010
Inspired by the lovely Lindsay, I decided to post a few confessions of my own. They can be kind of embarrassing, but at least they are 100% truthful.
1. I like really good music, by really talented musicians... but most of the time I would rather listen to manufactured, glossy pop music. I like all the disgusting, demeaning horrible rap music on the radio, and I love to listen to it when I am driving. It's so much fun to dance to!
2. As much as I would like to eat all vegan, organic and healthy food... I can't do it. I love hamburgers, pizza and milkshakes. I love putting cheese on everything. I eat whipped cream straight out of a can. It's no secret why I'm the size I am. I'm surprised I'm not bigger.
3. I am bad when it comes to gossip. I love to listen to it, but I rarely add to it. It can be gossip about celebrities, or people I know. But you can rest assured, if someone ever talks about you in front of me, I will definitely let you know.
4. I'm banned from my high school. After we graduated high school, a friend and I figured out the home address of a teacher we didn't like. We egged his house. My friend's boyfriend worked with this teacher, and he told her boyfriend to let us know that if we ever set foot in the school again he would call the police. Woops.
5. Sometimes when I sneeze, I pee my pants. Once when I was in a Halloween haunted corn maze, I got scared so badly that I peed myself. I obviously have a problem.
6. I have a handicapped tag for my car because I have arthritis. Except, I only really use it if I go to the mall and there isn't a space open. I take a handicapped spot. Technically I am allowed, but sometimes I feel fine and I don't need it and I do it anyway.
7. I love buying/collecting underwear and bras. I own way more pairs of underwear than any sane person should. I wear specific pairs of underwear with certain clothes and I have a special set of black underwear for that week. I also hatehatehate the word panties. I won't say it.
8. I also hate saying the word fiance. I never knew I was going to to have this problem until I became a fiance. It sounds so snobby, I hate to say it. I don't know what my problem is. When I was opening my bank account the other day, the bank man said "What brings you to Louisiana?" and I said "My b-iance. Well, my boyfriend... fiance. Not Beyonce. Even though she is a really good singer." He must have thought I was an IDIOT!
9. I can't leave the house without makeup on. I have been this way since I started wearing makeup in middle school. I won't even get the mail or go to the grocery store without makeup on. I don't wear a lot, but I like to at least make my face evened out and not have red spots all over the place.
10. I can't watch tv or listen to music if the volume is on an odd number. If it's on an odd number it bothers me and I have to turn it up or down to make it right.
Friday, March 12, 2010
I've really been starting to feel at home now. I still miss my family (mom, dad and little sister) a lot, but I try to call them a few times a week to keep in touch.
So far I am really enjoying my job, and my new coworkers. It's not the same as my old store, but I am starting to get more comfortable. The customers here are a LOT nicer than the ones at my old store, that is for certain. It's that "Southern Hospitality" I always heard about, I'm sure!
This is one of my favorite little places to get lunch, and it's right around the corner from our apartment. They have yummy onion rings and awesome milkshakes... horrible for your waistline and nourishing for the soul!
Cade looooves video games. Sometimes I think maybe a little too much, but I have been trying to get a little more into them so we can play together. It's the least I can do, after forcing him to sit through the never ending episodes of 16 and Pregnant, Forensic Files and American Idol... what can I say? I love watching tv! We have been playing Gears of War, and I'm getting pretty good at it. The game actually kind of scares me sometimes!!!
Cade's best friend Aaron came over this week and we all played World of Warcraft together. Now that is a videogame that I like! We are so close to reaching level 80 on our characters, and we can't wait until the new expansion, Cataclysm comes out.
If all goes according to plan, in just a few weeks that little cutie above will be mine, all mine :) I need help choosing a name for him!! Anyone have any good ideas?
Yesterday, when you were young,
Everything you needed done was done for you.
Now you do it on your own
But you find you're all alone,
What can you do?
You and me walk on
'cause you can't go back now.
You know there will be days when you're so tired that you can't take another step,
The night will have no stars and you'll think you've gone as far as you will ever get
But you and me walk on
'cause you can't go back now
And yeah, yeah, go where you want to go
Be what you want to be,
If you ever turn around, you'll see me.
I can't really say why everybody wishes they were somewhere else
But in the end, the only steps that matter are the ones you take all by yourself
And you and me walk on
Yeah you and me walk on
'cause you can't go back now
Walk on, walk on, walk on
You can't go back now
Sunday, March 7, 2010
I hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday!!
**EDIT: I changed the banner to black&white and now I like it much more! Yay :)
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
I tried to post these in my previous post, but my camera was being stupid. So here's a picture of me (since I haven't posted a good self-portrait recently), my old promise ring, and my engagement ring (where the ring is actually in focus!)
Thank you guys for your super sweet comments!! :)
Last night after I finished work, and Cade got home from school, we were sitting on the couch eating dinner and watching American Idol. When one of the commercials came on, he started playing with my hand, and he took off my promise ring. He gave me that ring about 3 years ago, and I've been wearing it since. "Hey, how about you practice proposing to me!!" I told him. I got up off the couch and pointed to the floor. "Here, kneel right here and I'll pretend to be surprised!!" He laughed at me and said, "Okay, go in the bedroom and turn off the light and shut the door."
I went in the room and did as he said. I could hear him rummaging around for something out in the other room. "Close your eyes, okay?" he said from the other side of the door. "You're going to try to scare me or something... stop it!" I yelled at him, "but I'm closing my eyes!"
Then he came in, and I could feel him put a ring on my finger. I opened my eyes and he was kneeling down on one knee, and he said "Will you marry me?" and I told him "Yes, yes of course!" Then I looked at my hand and realized that he didn't put my promise ring back on, but it was an engagement ring.
I got this stupid goofy smile on my face and I thought it must be some kind of joke, but he promised me it was serious. I started crying, and I was really happy.
And that's how it happened :)