I just got home from grocery shopping and work, so I am really exhausted (what can I say? I lead a hard life...). I wanted to make an introductory post with some little facts about myself as inspired by Alexz, my bloggy bff.
So here goes...
My name is Emilie (it's actually Emily, but I prefer it to be spelled with an 'ie' so I usually write it that way unless it's for something legal) and I currently live in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I just moved to Louisiana a little over a month ago and I am living in an apartment with my fiance, Cade.
Here is a photo of us from my senior prom a few years ago....
I work as a pharmacy technician at CVS. It's exciting stuff, let me tell ya. I won't even go into anymore detail about that...
And here are just a few random little facts about me:
- I am obsessed with anything that has to do with the Spanish language. I get really excited when we have customers come into work from Mexico. I can hear them jabbering in Spanish and I say "HOLA!!!!" and try to ring them up while speaking in Spanish. They usually look at me like I am insane.
- I really like to watch reality tv. Or any tv for that matter. My current favorite shows are Trueblood, Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, Forensic Files, American Idol, Operation Repo, Wife Swap, Supernanny, 16 & Pregnant. I was watching America's Best Dance Crew but it ended last night... my favorite crew (Poreotix) won! They are so cool. Want proof?
See? Now you believe me :)
- My favorite colors are purple, teal and brown. Especially when together. This is why:
- I really love music... and I'm pretty sure everyone says that. I love all kinds of music (some more than others) but I can pretty much listen to anything. Here are a couple of my favorite songs today...
Tell me if you like any of them!!! :D
- I read approximately 10,000 blogs every day. And I keep adding more to my list. Tell me if you have a blog that I don't know about... I'll read that, too!
- I love pineapples. I could eat them 24/7.
- I love sweet tea. It's pretty much all I have had to drink since arriving in the south. I'm pretty sure I bleed sweet tea by now.
- I am scared to be home alone. Or really, anywhere alone. I hate going to the store by myself, or to get gas. Gives me the willies.
- I love animals!!! If you let me pet one I will be happy forever :)
- I don't really talk to anyone I am friends with on facebook. I mostly just stalk them, look through their pictures and see who they are dating. I especially like to look back at all the people who were jerks to me in high school. It's nice to see how the mighty have fallen.
- I like to do repetitious things, like making 12354124346 origami stars, or crocheting, or coloring a page with different shades of the same color. I probably need to be medicated.
- Speaking of medicated... I take lots of medications. They're all for rheumatoid arthritis. I was born with it. Some days it sucks, some days it doesn't. It's a crappy disease, but I like to think I have it better than a lot of people. If you ever see my hands, you can definitely tell I have it, because they are all gnarled. Don't stare at them, it makes me self-conscious. I also really really hate it when people ask me why I am limping. I have started to tell people I was wounded in WWII, or that I have leprosy. They stop asking.