Sunday, March 21, 2010

I am sorry I didn't post all this week... I was a working fiend! I have the day off today, though, so I am relaxing and catching up on all my blogs ;)

Lets see... what did I do all week besides work?

Tuesday was Cade's little sister Kari's 16th birthday, so Cade, Kari, their mom and I went out to dinner and then we went to see Alice in Wonderland. It was so cool! Especially since we went at almost 9pm on a weeknight, so we were the only people in the theater... I love when that happens! I thought the movie was really really beautiful, and I especially loved Alice's clothes (who didn't?). I was never a fan of Walt Disney's version, so I was surprised that I liked this one. I am kind of picky when it comes to cartoons and I much prefer live action movies, I suppose. I have never read the book, but I am sort of thinking that I would like to go get it now.



I tried the new cherry limeade chiller at Sonic and it was probably the most delicious thing I've ever tasted. I love cherry limeade from Sonic, I wish I could drink it every single day. I could, but I wouldn't want to spend the money every day.



On Friday night I made "chicken and dumplings" for dinner using this recipe that my mom gave me. It's chicken and dumplings for lazy people... just my kind of recipe. It is so delicious, and it is so easy to make, even I can do it. Here is how you do it:

  • 3 cans of cream of chicken soup
  • 1/4 c. onions, diced
  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 3 and 3/4 c. water
  • 3 12oz. tubes of refrigerated biscuits, quartered
  • chicken broth as needed
Pour the soup into a slow cooker. Add the onion and the chicken (I cut the chicken up into little pieces first). Pour enough water in to cover the chicken (I didn't really know why this was in there, but I did it anyway). Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on the high setting for 4-6 hours (I cooked it on high because I didn't have a lot of time). About 35-40 minutes before serving, drop the biscuit quarters into the slow cooker, stir well (I used a lot more biscuits than the recipe calls for because they are my favorite part... haha). Replace lid and cook for about 35 minutes, or until the biscuits are fully cooked.

This is supposed to serve 6. I think me and Cade almost ate all of it ourselves, though. Depends on if you family is fully of fatties like us!

I should have taken a picture of it, but I didn't :( Tell me if you try this!!!


Cade's spring break is next week, so we are going to enjoy some time hanging out together (he works and goes to school all the time, so we don't get to hang out much) and we are going to go fishing with his mom and sister. I like fishing, aside from the worms, and the fish. And I don't like eating fish. So it will be fun! =P


Oh yeah, and I also have some very very exciting news that I can't wait to share with you guys, but I am actually going to try to keep it a secret as long as I possibly can! You will have to wait until the end of April... unless I can't keep my mouth shut that long! :)

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear your exciting news!!!! I was never a fan of the Disney version either, the only Disney movie I didn't like! I LOVE Time Burton though so I can't wait to see the movie! That chicken and dumplings sounds really good, and quick meals are great when you have a 2 year old who wants your constant attention haha. I'll have to try it out soon! <3 Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I want to hear some exciting news!! Are you prego? lol :)
    I cant wait to see Alice in Wonderland!!! <333
    Hope you have a great week!
    loves!
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. The disney version scared me when I was little.... I read the books and they are sooo good! I used to own some very cute vintage copies but they have gotten lost in all my moving adventures.. they were from the 40's I think. I'm still sad about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I just got your comment on my blog! Little baby feet everywhere! We actually are only having her, I want to spoil her more lol. Lindsay totally said the news I was thinking lol!! <3 Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally adored alice's red outfit gosh ._.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to know the secret!!! ah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You better not be prego, I'll beat you up. I don't want a niece !!!! ahahah but it would be cute. Allison in wonderland<3 ahahahha And aren't you glad I gave you that recipe ?
    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, i am absolutely anxious to hear your exciting news! ps- i am totally trying out that recipe sounds so so yummy<3 hope all is well, dear heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg yay i'm so happy you are getting a chi! especially a blue one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my I LOVE metaphysical stores!! They are my favorite. My husband won't go with me to any of them!! This has nothing to do with your post, I'm just replying to your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. they're putting in a sonic near my house! i've never tried it, actually! there aren't many around here.

    aahh, i can't wait to hear what your exciting news is!! :)

    ReplyDelete