Sunday, November 8, 2009

sunday loves

Today I went to Peddler's Village with my mom and sister. It was such a cute little place, but it was sooo crowded. I would love to go back again one day when there are less people there. My favorite store was Journey's Spirited Gifts because it's one of those types of stores that I typically like... you know, with incense, candles, books about new age religions, aromatherapy and tarot cards. Right up my alley :) I got some really pretty little candle holders... this is one of them:

sorry about the poor quality, I took this with my iphone!


Here are a couple of things that I am loving today:

Granny stars!!! I think I can tell what she did to make these, and I am definitely going to get some green and red yarn to make Christmas ornaments out of these! How adorable would that be? :)

(sarah london textiles)


These soft trees that Elsie posted about. The pattern to make them can be found here. I would love to make a little forest of these someday. I just need to learn how to work a sewing machine first... haha!



My new sneakers! I love Kangaroos sneakers because the kangaroo is cute, and they are soooo comfortable. Having comfortable sneakers is really important for me because I have RA, and I am on my feet the entire time I am at work... so my poor feet hurt! These definitely help :)
The playlist on Bleubird Vintage's blog. So nice... some of my old favorite songs, and a few new ones as well.


I am almost finished my scarf, so I will post pictures of that soon. Also, I have 20 grannies done for my mom's blanket (only 20!! Ughhhhh this is going to take foreverrrrr! Why didn't I make her a scarf, too??)

Tomorrow and Tuesday I have both school and work all day long, so I am going to have a looooong day. I hope I can survive! Hehe. I hope everyone had a great weekend :)

5 comments:

  1. thanks for visiting my blog, I love that little lamb too, so cute.

    I've been wanting to go to peddlers village. Just have not had a chance to drive north.

    Love your blog, I put it in my reader.

    Happy Sunday!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. granny stars? ohmygosh I'm in love!
    so cuteee.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post. I printed out the pattern for the cute fabric/cone tree and plan to make some myself. And, you are killing me with the granny square/circle/STARS!!! ~sigh~ I want to sit on the couch and do nothing but crochet for the next week!

    Funny you mentioned the coconut M&M's in your comment on my blog. My daughter bought a package for us to sample. We LOVED them and haven't been able to find another package of them since! Should have done like you did and bought a bunch while we had a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely candle holder you bought!
    So beautiful how the candle light is shining through it... (doesn't matter you were taking the photo with the Iphone ;) )

    Greetings from Germany :D
    Goodngight or have a nice day...

    ReplyDelete