Sunday, September 13, 2009

mi obsesión


If you know me at all, you know that I am completely, irrevocably obsessed with anything Latin. I love the Spanish language, and anything involving Latin culture. My best friend Miguel is the reason for this. I met him in my senior year of high school, where he was an exchange student from Venezuela. He taught me Spanish, I taught him English. We bonded over so many things. He truly is one of the most important people in the entire world to me. He is the one that started my obsession! I haven't seen him since last August, when I left Venezuela to come home. I miss him so much, but he is going to come visit me this Christmas, and I can't wait!




Here are a few photos that I took on my trip to Venezuela last summer...

This is the view from Miguel's neighborhood.
Wouldn't you love to have a view like that every day?





This is Miguel, his brother Gerardo, and I.
Gerardo is also a very special person to me, he is like my little brother.



This is the view from the teleferico, a cable car
that goes over the city of Caracas. It was the most beautiful
thing I have ever seen in my life.


These pictures were taken on la isla Margarita, an island off the coast off Venezuela. It's bordered by the Caribbean.






I saved up my money for a year to take this trip. The plane ticket was over $1000, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was the most amazing trip I have ever taken, and I wish that I could go back every week. I definitely recommend going here if you ever have the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment