Tuesday, September 15, 2009

mi plan


Nelly Furtado's new CD, Mi Plan, came out today. As expected, I really love it. Some of her newer fans, from the Loose album are slightly confused and disappointed with the direction she took with this music. Loose was mostly a pop/r&b dance record, but that was a stretch from her former style. I think Mi Plan is going back to her roots, for sure, but taking an entirely new style on at the same time. Nelly embraces her Latin roots by making and entirely Spanish album this time, which is right up my alley. The songs are really beautiful, and the collaborations she does on the CD are all great. She sings with some other amazing Latin artists, such as Julieta Venegas (!) and Juan Luis Guerra.


If you are only going to get one song from this CD, I would definitely recommend the first single, "Manos al Aire". I love the message from this song.

"No tengo armas para enfrentarte
pongo mis manos, manos al aire
solo me importa amarte en cuerpo y alma,
como era ayer."

"I have no weapons to defend from you
I put my hands, my hands in the air
all that matters to me is loving you, body and soul
like I did yesterday."


Even if you don't understand a word of Spanish, give this a try. I promise you won't be disappointed!!


Let's face it: I have a HUGE music collection. As a poor college student, I can't exactly afford to take the legal road with my music downloads. Nelly Furtado, however, is one of those artists whom I faithfully love, and I will most certainly always, always pay for her tunes :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You had asked about the yoga classes and so think you would still benefit from it. The more you practice the moves and the breathing together the further you will be able to go in the move. It might take a little while but you will get there and it will so be worth it.

    I love the classes b/c no one is watching others. Everyone is so focused on their own movement so that they dont' fall and everyone is able to go at their own pace. Let me know if you end up taking a class. I don't think you will regret it!

    Cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete