Monday, July 19, 2010

day 13 : a band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days


I decided to take the weekend off from blogging, but I'm back to catch up on 3 entries for the 30 Days of Truth challenge :)

I thought for a long time about which band/artist I wanted to choose for this prompt, and it was so hard to come up with something. I definitely use music as therapy for hard times, and I love hearing lyrics that I identify with that speak directly about my situation. I can't say that I have one single band that I go for when I'm feeling down, but I definitely seem to listen to a lot of Nelly Furtado's music lately. She seems like such a strong individual who is sure of who she is as a person and what she wants. She isn't ashamed of who she is and I strive to be more like that every day.

Here are a few of her lyrics that I especially like:

I remember the days when I was so eager to satisfy you And be less then I was just to prove I could walk beside you Now that I�'ve flown away I see you�'ve chosen to stay behind me And still you curse the day I decided to stay true to myself
-- ...On the Radio

I can't believe you need me I never thought would be needed for anything I can't believe my shoulder would carry such important weight As your head and your tears I can't believe you chose me, in all my fragility, me It hurts so much when i love you, it makes me cry Every time You, you are, oh you are The little boy made for me in the stars In the stars, that's why I can't let you go The little boy made for me in the stars That's why I love you more the further I go And before this existence you were always there Waiting for me You are, you are the realest thing I know Hands down -- Childhood Dreams


No tengo armas para enfrentarte, pongo mis manos, manos al aire. Sólo me importa amarte, en cuerpo y alma, como era ayer.
-- Manos Al Aire

I look in the mirror, the picture's getting clearer
I wanna be myself but does the world really need her
I ache for this earth I stopped going to church See god in the trees makes me fall to my knees My depression keeps building like a cup overfilling My heart so rigid I keep it in the fridge It hurts so bad that i can't dry my eyes 'cause they keep on refillin' with the tears that I cry
-- Te Busque

1 comment:

  1. i remember that song i love so much, why do all good things come to an end ~~

    ReplyDelete