Wednesday, July 21, 2010

day 17 : a book you’ve read that changed your views on something



I first read The Diary of Anne Frank in 5th grade, and it has always stuck with me. If I ever feel down about my situation, or start wallowing in my own petty misery, I try to remember Anne Frank. She saw the ugliest side of human nature, and experienced the most horrible examples of mistreatment, and yet she still found a way to be happy, and see the beauty in life.


These are some of my favorite Anne Frank quotes:

Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains.

I simply can't build my hopes on a foundation of confusion, misery and death... I think... peace and tranquility will return again.


Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.



(images via weheartit)

2 comments:

  1. i love this post. it's perfect! thanks for sharing!

    ♥ http://www.allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been very interested in Anne Frank and the Holocaust. Maybe its my Jewish heritage and the fact that a distant relative had died in it. i'm not quite sure but i think its mostly that i want to understand how someone could actually do that. But i definitely agree with you. It changed my life reading that

    ReplyDelete